Providence Swings is moving in 2020 to the beautiful Church of the Redeemer!
See below our new class structure. There will be a half-hour beginner class at 7:30, intended to give you the tools to participate in the All-Levels class from 8-9pm! If you are brand new or if you’ve been around for a while we recommend the entire evening. Plus, BOTH classes are included in the evening’s price. See our upcoming class schedule here.
7:30: Beginner Lindy Hop class
8-9: All-levels Lindy Hop class
9-10 (ish):Community Time/Practice/Dance
$10/class- regular pricing
$8/class- discounted pricing for students/vets/low income
$5 at the door for just the practice dance
- Where exatly is Providence Swings located? Our new weekly venue is at the Church of the Redeemer located at 655 Hope Street, Providence, RI. Entrance is at rear of church on Savoy.
- How do I get there? From I95 north, take exit 24 toward Branch Ave. Head straight on Branch, then make a left on Hope St. We’re right across from East Side Wine and Spirits.
- Where can I park? Parking is available on Hope, Savoy, and surrounding streets. Be advised, no overnight parking is available there except for residents.
- Please bring your own water bottle: We ask that you bring your own water to the church.
- Please bring a change of clean bottomed shoes: Dirt tracked in can damage the floor and water tracked in may cause someone else to slip and hurt themselves. This helps keep the floor clean and makes everyone else’s dancing experience safer and happier.
- Please use the back door on Savoy St to enter the church